A stretch of Loop 101 (Price Freeway) south of Ray Road in Chandler will be closed this weekend for work to install sections of a future pedestrian bridge over the freeway, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation. The intersection of Grand Avenue (US 60) and 19th Avenue near the State Fairgrounds also will be closed for traffic signal work. Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead, use alternate routes and allow extra travel time while the following restrictions are in place:
• Loop 101 (Price Freeway) closed in both directions between Ray Road and Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) in Chandler from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for pedestrian bridge installation. Both Loop 202 ramps to northbound Loop 101 in Chandler closed. Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at Warner Road closed. DETOUR: Loop 101 traffic will use frontage roads. Drivers can make connections between Loop 101 and Loop 202 via the Price Road intersection.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) intersection at 19th Avenue/McDowell Road closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for overhead traffic signal work. DETOUR: Use Seventh or 27th avenues for north-south travel and Thomas Road or Van Buren Street for east-west travel in the area.
• Southeast-bound Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane between 57th Drive and Bethany Home Road in Glendale from 9 a.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for storm drain and utility improvements. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes if possible. Allow extra travel time and use caution in work zone.
• Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Interstate 10 in the West Valley closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (July 27); from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (July 28) and from 11 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (July 29) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 101 traffic can exit to eastbound McDowell Road and use southbound 91st Avenue to access eastbound I-10.
• Southbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Olive Avenue closed from 3 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday (July 28) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Consider using exits at Northern or Peoria avenues.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between Cotton Lane and Sarival Avenue in Goodyear from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 7:30 a.m. Saturday (July 27) for guardrail repair. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to merge safely in work zone.