Tucson mom arrested for killing children

The mother, who shot to death her two small children, has been identified as 25 year old Perla Morales. Her child victims have been identified as 17-month Richard Rosovich Jr. and Emma Rosovich (4-years old).

Perla has been arrested and booked into the Pima County Jail for 2 counts of First Degree Murder upon her release from the hospital.

At approximately 7:07 p.m. on August 11, 2012 the Tucson Police Department received a 911 call regarding a shooting incident that occurred at a residence in the 900 Block of West Calle Colado. Officers from Operations Division South responded to the residence. Upon arrival, the officers located 2 children and an adult female, who were all suffering from obvious signs of trauma. The children were each suffering from at least one gunshot wound.

Perla was also suffering from obvious injuries. The 17-month old baby boy was pronounced deceased at the residence. Tucson Fire Department emergency medical personnel responded to the residence as well. They transported the 4-year old little girl and Perla to a local hospital for further medical evaluation and treatment.

Unfortunately, the 4-year old succumbed to her injuries while at the hospital and was also pronounced deceased.

Initial indications were that Perla was home alone with them when the incident occurred. While in the residence with both kids, she retrieved a handgun and shot both of her children. The injuries that she sustained appeared to be self-inflicted, but were not life threatening. The motive for her shooting the children is being withheld at this time for investigative reasons.

1 Comment on "Tucson mom arrested for killing children"

  1. What a tragic! my heart goes out to my dear friend the grandmother and her family. This is so devastating for this family. These two beautiful Angels are back in Heaven. I was just out in Tucson and found this family to be very close to each other.I can’t judge Perla, I don’t know what was going on in her head, only god has the answer! Its obvious she was mentally ill and lacked control. My deepest condolence and prayers go out to the family. To My friend “the grandma” I love you!

Comments are closed.