Horne to file restraining order against Montgomery

Open campaigning for opponent of Horne
Open campaigning for opponent of Horne

Sources say a request for a restraining order will be filed against one of Mark Brnovich’s supporters in the Arizona Attorney General’s primary race. The Permanent Injunction, Temporary Restraining Order pleading will be filed in Maricopa County Superior Court by attorneys for Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery has been campaigning for Brnovich while targeting his opponent Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne. Horne’s restraining order request will be based on the conflict of interest that must necessarily arise from Montgomery’s relationship with Brnovich.

The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has been used before to target and harass private citizens and elected representatives.

Andrew Thomas, Montgomery’s predecessor was disbarred for allegedly engaging the very same sort of activity in which Montgomery is engaged. While few would even attempt to argue that the Arizona Bar is not driven by a political agenda contrary to Thomas’s, the fact that Montgomery, would engage in the same risky behavior has caused consternation across the state, and through the GOP.

The conservative website; Seeingredarizona has been following the exploits of Montgomery, Beattie, and Brnovich. Just last week, they shared a post from the Maricopa County Republican Club, which finds that Brnovich has made false statements against Horne

In a post entitled, Ch. 3 debate producer disputes Brnovich’s claim, Seeingredaz,com notes:

“Integrity” Mark Brnovich claims to possess takes a hike in favor of desperation, campaign expediency

From MCRC Briefs July 24: AG Candidate Mark Brnovich’s July 21 Promo Statement ‘untrue’ that, “…Mr. Horne would not appear in the same room as us for the debate” for the Sunday night Attorney General Candidate debate, according to the show producer.

Sybil Hoffman, executive producer of the Channel 3 Sunday evening debate, said, “That is not true.” Hoffman said that the station put the candidates in different rooms to video the debate. “Neither candidate asked for a separate room. The decision was entirely that of the station,” Hoffman said.

Incumbent Attorney General Tom Horne also said that it was the station’s decision to video the candidates in separate rooms.

The conservatives over at seeingredaz.com conclude, “Engaging in outright deception when campaigning on “conservative values” is risky business.”

About ADI Staff Reporter 17161 Articles
Under the leadership of Editor-in -Chief Huey Freeman, our team of staff reporters bring accurate,timely, and complete news coverage.