The Arizona Department of Health Services confirms one new case of measles, bringing the total to 18 cases. The new case is associated with the private detention facility in Eloy.
The breakdown of total cases is as follows:
- Pinal County, 17 cases
- Maricopa County, 1 case
Potential Exposure Areas:
Public health has identified the following potential exposure sites:
- Monday, June 20, 2016
- Walgreens, 1514 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19, 2016
- Dollar General, 412 S Sunshine Blvd, Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 2016
- Dillard’s, 1117 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 3:30 to 7 p.m.
- Kohl’s, 976 N Mission Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Harkins Theatres, 1341 N Promenade Pkwy, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- Circle K, 817 N Main St, Eloy, AZ 85131, from 7 to 10:30 a.m.
- Sam’s Club, 2425 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 8 to 11:30 a.m.
- Vantage West Credit Union, 2008 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Food City, 1162 E Florence Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mercado Y Carniceria El Pima, 116 N Casa Grande Ave, Casa Grande, AZ 85122, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What to do if you think you have measles:
- If you have a healthcare provider, contact him/her by phone and let them know that you may have been exposed to measles. They will let you know when to visit their office so as not to expose others in the waiting area.
- If you do not have a health care provider, you may need to be seen at your local hospital emergency room or urgent care center. Please call before going to let them know you may have measles. For more information on measles’ signs and symptoms or where you may find vaccine, please check with your healthcare provider or your county health department.