On September 28 Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office detectives executed search warrants at 3802 E Illini St. and 3731 E LaSalle St. on marijuana grow/caregiver scam investigation. Detectives recovered in marijuana plants with an estimated street value of $500,000 for the drugs, cultivating equipment and cash.
Matthew Blum and Thomas Finocchio were arrested.
- 1230 marijuana plants seized
- 25lbs. cultivated marijuana $120,000.00 value
- 2lbs. Hash $45,000.00 value
- $34,000.00 in cash
- 6 vehicles impounded as evidence
- Approximately $250,000.00 of cultivating equipment seized for evidence
- 5 Handguns
Blum and Finocchio were booked into the 4th avenue jail on the following charges:
- Conspiracy/participate in a criminal syndicate
- Money Laundering
- Manufacturing Narcotic Drugs
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs for Sale
- Cultivating Marijuana for Sale
- Possession of Marijuana for Sale
Over the last year this operation has been ongoing without proper licensing and taxing required by the state of Arizona and the Butane method used to cultivate these drugs and narcotics is very dangerous. The worth of this operation over the last year is estimated at $9,000,000.00.