On Monday, just before 1:00 p.m., an alert neighbor called Tucson Police to report a suspicious person in the 8600 block of E. Colette St (near E. Speedway Blvd. and N. Camino Seco). The neighbor noticed a male that had been walking down the alley and appeared to have broken into the neighbor’s house.
Officers responded and cordoned off the area. They observed forced entry into the backyard and the residence.
The male suspect then ran out of the house, with property in hand, and was detained by the officers without incident. He was identified as 49-year-old Ryan Hippensteel. Hippensteel was arrested for the following charges:
- 2nd Degree Burglary – A Class 3 Felony
- Theft – A Class 5 Felony
- Possession of Burglary Tools – A Class 6 Felony
- Criminal Damage – A Class 6 Felony
- Criminal Trespassing – A Class 6 Felony
- Outstanding Parole Violation Warrant
Hippensteel was transported and booked into the Pima County Jail.