The Southwestern Region of the USDA Forest Service announces an informational meeting for vendors interested in providing resources to support wildfires and other emergency incidents.
The meeting will discuss the 2018 solicitations and is scheduled for Tuesday, January 9, 2018, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. MST via video teleconference at Forest Service offices throughout Arizona.
The meeting will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- How to become a Federal Government vendor
- How to locate and respond to solicitations through the Virtual Incident Procurement (VIPR) system
- How to read and understand contract requirements for specific equipment
In Fiscal Year 2018, the Southwestern Region is seeking competitive quotations for Miscellaneous Heavy Equipment (which includes Feller Bunchers, Mulchers/Masticators, Skidders, and Road Graders), Potable & Gray Water Truck/Handwashing Station (Trailer Mounted), and Chippers with trained operators to support wildfires during the course of a three-year agreement.
Interested vendors can obtain copies of the solicitations at https://www.fbo.gov. Type VIPR into the keyword search box and press Search to obtain a list of VIPR solicitations nationwide. Look for those from the Southwestern Region (Region 3). You can also search for Solicitation Numbers: 12837118Q7000 [Potable & Gray Water Truck/Handwashing Station (Trailer Mounted)], 12837118Q7001 [Miscellaneous Heavy Equipment], 12837118Q7002 [Chipper].
Vendors can attend the meeting at the following Kaibab National Forest location:
- North Kaibab Ranger District, Kaibab National Forest
- 430 South Main Street, Fredonia, AZ
Vendors can also choose to attend the meeting at any of the following additional Arizona locations:
- Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests—Supervisor’s Office
- 30 S. Chiricahua Drive, Springerville, AZ
- Flagstaff Ranger District
- 5075 N. Highway 89, Flagstaff, AZ
- Prescott Fire Center
- 2400 Melville Road, Prescott, AZ
- Tonto National Forest—Supervisor’s Office
- 2324 East McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ
- Tucson Interagency Fire Center
- 2646 E. Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ
For more information on VIPR, see: http://www.fs.fed.us/business/incident/vipr.php or contact Stephanie Archuleta, Southwestern Regional Fire Contracting Officer at (505) 842-3127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on the Kaibab National Forest is available through the following resources:
- Sign up to receive news releases from Kaibab NF: www.fs.fed.us/news/subscription.shtml (Choose “Southwestern Region.”)
- Kaibab NF’s website: www.fs.usda.gov/kaibab (Look under “Recent News.”)
- Kaibab NF’s Twitter account: www.twitter.com/KaibabNF (Text ‘follow kaibabnf’ to 40404 to receive text messages.)
- Kaibab NF’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/KaibabNF