A Lake Havasu City woman, Marcia Johnson, was sentenced to one year of supervised probation and fined $1,000 after pleading guilty to one count of Voting More than Once, a felony offense.
Johnson, age 70, pleaded guilty in December 2021 to casting two ballots in the November 2018 federal election. Johnson voted twice by casting her own mail-in ballot as well as the one that was sent to her deceased father, whose name had remained on the Mohave County voter rolls.
According to the charging document, her father died on April 6, 2012. “Nonetheless, the Mohave County Recorder’s Office received and tabulated ballots in the following elections:
(1) Primary Election on August 28, 2012
(2) General Election on November 6, 2012
(3) Presidential Preference Election on March 22, 2016
(4) Special Election on May 17, 2016
(5) Primary Election on August 30, 2016
(6) General Election on November 8, 2016
(7) Primary Election on August 28, 2018
(8) General Election on November 6, 2018