On Sunday, January 7, 2018, at approximately 4:45 a.m., Pima County deputies responded to the Quik Mart located at 900 West Roger Road for a report of an armed robbery. When deputies arrived, they learned a male suspect had already left the area.
Upon reviewing video surveillance from the store, deputies discovered the suspect had entered the Quik Mart at 4:38 a.m. with his face covered. He proceeded to brandish a black handgun and demand money from the store clerk. Once he was given the cash, the suspect exited the store and left the area. There was a female in the store at the time of the robbery who left just prior to the suspect and in the same direction. She is believed to be an accomplice.
The male suspect is described as:
- Hispanic or Caucasian, in his 20s
- Approximately 6’0” to 6’3” in height, thin build
- Last seen wearing a brown jacket with a hood, blue scarf over his face, black pants and shoes
- Hispanic, in her 20s
- Approximately 5’0” to 5’2” in height, thin build, with long dark hair
- Last seen wearing gloves, a dark gray sweatshirt and black pants
Robbery/Assault Unit detectives have taken over the investigation and are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect in this case. Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1. You can also submit an anonymous tip, with the potential for a reward, by text, phone, or by going to 88-CRIME.org.