Black Friday is here and many retailers are offering even deeper price cuts this year than ever before. At the same time, not every deal is a deal, so know before you go.
WalletHub’s recent holiday studies and reports found:
● Belk, JCPenney and Stage are 2018’s Best Stores for Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 62.1%.
● Over 10% of items will be more expensive on Black Friday than they currently are on Amazon.com.
● Jewelry will offer the most value on Black Friday 2018 relative to their current prices, while computers & phones are expected to be the least rewarding deals.
● 35% of people plan to spend more than $500 on holiday shopping in 2018 (vs. 33% last year), according to WalletHub’s 2018 Holiday Shopping Survey.
● Disney, iTunes and Visa top the list of 2018’s Best Gift Cards.
● Consumers can save $500+ with one of 2018’s Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping.
● All store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you more than 29% off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2018 Store Card Landscape Report
● Most of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.