Phoenix —Arizona State Trooper Tremaine Jackson was arrested on charges of sexual abuse, sexual extortion, kidnapping, harassment and fraud on September 10, 2019, by Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) detectives.
Jackson, age 43, worked for AZDPS for 13 years and was most recently assigned to AZDPS Metro Motors District.
To date, eight victims have been identified.
In early June, AZDPS received a complaint of misconduct against Jackson. The complaint alleged Jackson committed an act of sexual assault against a woman during a traffic stop. Jackson was immediately placed on administrative leave and an investigation was immediately initiated. During the course of the investigation, additional victims were discovered.
“The Arizona Department of Public Safety deeply regrets the reprehensible acts perpetrated by Tremaine Jackson. Jackson broke all trust with the community and the Department. We will continue to investigate any new leads or information” said AZDPS Director Colonel Frank Milstead.
Jackson faces the following charges:
- ARS § 13-1404.A. – Sexual Abuse; Two Counts
- ARS § 13-1404.A. – Attempted Sexual Abuse; Two Counts
- ARS § 13-1406.A. – Attempted Sexual Assault; One Count
- ARS § 13-1428.A. (3) – Sexual Extortion; Two Counts
- ARS § 13-1428.A. (2) – Sexual Extortion; Two Counts
- ARS § 13-1412.A. – Unlawful Sexual Conduct; Peace Officers; Four Counts
- ARS § 13-1303.A. – Unlawful Imprisonment; Eight Counts
- ARS § 13-1304.A. (3) – Kidnapping; Eight Counts
- ARS § 13-2921.A.1 – Harassment; Four Counts
- ARS § 13-2002.A. (1) (3) – Forgery; Eight Counts
- ARS § 13-2310.A. – Fraudulent Schemes and Artifices; Five Counts
- ARS § 13-2311.A. – Fraudulent Schemes and Practices; Willful Concealment; Seven Counts
- ARS § 13-2407.A.1. – Tampering with a Public Record; Eight Counts