[Update] Tucson Homicide Suspect Sought

On June 8, 2018, the US Marshal’s located 37-year-old Daniel Miller in Phoenix, AZ.  He injured himself as he attempted to flee but was taken into custody.  He was transported to a local Phoenix hospital.  Once released, he will be booked into jail on the felony arrest warrant for one count of First Degree Murder and one count of Domestic Violence/Attempted Murder.

*************************************

On June 7, 2018, just after 7:00 a.m., Tucson Police officers responded to the 200 block of West Illinois Street for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, officers located 54-year-old Michael Grove and an adult female lying in the roadway with obvious signs of gunshot trauma.

Tucson Fire responded and transferred both victims to a local area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Shortly after arriving at the hospital, Grove was pronounced deceased.

The female victim is currently in critical/stable condition.

Detectives with the Tucson Police Homicide Unit responded to continue the investigation. After speaking with the female victim at the hospital and witnesses at the scene, detectives were able to determine Michael Grove was visiting the female victim at her residence when her ex-boyfriend, 37-year-old Daniel Miller arrived at the home. Sometime after arriving, Daniel Miller pulled out a handgun and shot both victims. Miller then fled the scene in a dark colored pick-up truck.

On Thursday afternoon, detectives obtained a felony arrest warrant on Daniel Benjamin Miller for one count of First Degree Murder and one count of Domestic Violence/Attempted Murder.

Miller should be considered armed and dangerous. Detectives are asking anyone with information on Miller’s whereabouts to call 911 or 88-CRIME. You can remain anonymous.

12 Comments on "[Update] Tucson Homicide Suspect Sought"

1. The Oracle of Tucson | June 8, 2018 at 3:22 am |

Ain’t love grand?
    @ Daniel Benjamin Miller: since your gonna have lots of free time on your hands in your immediate future, might I suggest reading 1 Corinthians 13 because your current understanding of love is seriously whacked.

The Oracle

2. Lexie lane | June 9, 2018 at 7:31 am |

To The Oracle

Well are you not the shining example of a Christian with your public display of ignorance and condenment. Since it is apparant you too have an over abundance of free time may I suggest reading,
    Matthew 7:1-2
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.”

The Female Lex Luther

• The Oracle of Tucson | June 11, 2018 at 2:05 am |

@ Lexie, how abundantly insightful you are, and thank you for sharing your precious free time with us over this issue.
      “Public display of ignorance and condenment”, ouch that was harsh (and a little judgemental on your part, but who’s counting?) but hey it’s all fair, after all I’m not the one reduced to repeatedly counting the holes in the ceiling tiles of a holding cell while being held for the murderer of one and the attempted murder of another.
      And not to split hairs, but at the time, I didn’t exactly publicly judge Mr. Miller, I just pointed out that he’s bound to have a lot of free time while in police custody that he might direct it in a positive and refreshingly loving way.
      Since we clearly value each others opinion and point of view, is that whole judgement thing exclusively all mine or does that extend to the poor begiled Mr. Miller, or even to your angelic self?
      We could ask Mr. Grove for his take on all of this, but sadly he was violently murdered, who according to unholy judgemental detectives, was gunned down by an apparent lunatic in a fit of (if I can’t have you no one else will) “love gone bad” rage.
      Perhaps your right, perhaps we should all hold judgement and wait for the yet unnamed female ex-girl friend for her qualified in depth opinion of Mr. Miller’s greater understanding of humanity.
      Without highlighting your clear bias and my immeasurable indifference, I didn’t kill anyone in this case. Save your disdain for his trail.
      See you in church.

The Oracle

3. Dwayne Wolfswinkel | June 9, 2018 at 7:54 am |

Well Lex I suspect a JUDGE in our system of laws that strive to bring some order and safety to our lives will most likely pass judgement on Mr Daniel Benjamin Miller.

Am I to infer from your comment that you would prefer to have him wandering in our community?

4. Wayne B (rain) | June 10, 2018 at 9:18 pm |

I remember a similar case a few years ago except the current boyfriend had a .44 while the ex-boyfriend had a .38. The ex lost the battle in that case.

5. Your in my prayers danny

6. My my Goddest be with you always Danny
    Why buddy why

7. Your lil sister :) | June 15, 2018 at 3:17 am |

Your my big brother Danny Boy and I will always luv u and miss u dearly. My heart goes out to both families of the victims I wish we could turn back time and change it all. The saddest day ever for many. Not to mention people should never judge or say I know what happened because you dont. Please no body knows what happened that horrible day or why.

8. My heart goes out to all the familys touched by this tragedy . Danny our prayers are with you . I don’t know what happened that day . but I do know you were a good friend to me and alot of other people , who in spite of some really bad choices love you still .

• lisa | June 30, 2018 at 1:04 am | Reply

To all Danny’s “friends and family” you are so lucky to be able to at least write or talk or visit him in prison. My daughters no longer have a father that they can ever see or touch or talk to again! Whatever kind of person you say he was obviously was not true. Blame drugs if you want but all those do is enhance the true person you really are. I hope he suffers the rest of his life while in prison and dies an unbearable painful death many years afterwards. Think what you want of what I have to say about him I don’t care. My daughters lives are shattered all because of him and that girl who got him hooked on the drugs and sold him the guns. Try having your heart ripped out because all you want to do is to take your child’s pain away and you can’t. In time they will get better but they shouldn’t of had to go through something like this nor should anyone. Our grandson will never know him, my daughters will never get to have their father walk them down the aisle when they get married or see them when they graduate college. So as far as feeling sorry for him or saying prayers for him? PLEASE! I hope none of you have to go through this and if you have well that’s great for you if you’re able to forgive the murderer of someone you love. I’m not ever going to forgive that scumbag. He’s a POS pathetic coward!!!!!

9. cynthia gaona | June 19, 2018 at 10:09 pm |

I think Its a shame that my friend was gunned down by an idiot.Rage.. Really? But I bet if his case was looked at you would find that the thug that killed Mike has a record that’s as old as he is. May you get the death sentence you coward. And may you rest in peace Mike.

10. To all Danny’s “friends and family” you are so lucky to be able to at least write or talk or visit him in prison. My daughters no longer have a father that they can ever see or touch or talk to again! Whatever kind of person you say he was obviously was not true. Blame drugs if you want but all those do is enhance the true person you really are. I hope he suffers the rest of his life while in prison and dies an unbearable painful death many years afterwards. Think what you want of what I have to say about him I don’t care. My daughters lives are shattered all because of him and that girl who got him hooked on the drugs and sold him the guns. Try having your heart ripped out because all you want to do is to take your child’s pain away and you can’t. In time they will get better but they shouldn’t of had to go through something like this nor should anyone. Our grandson will never know him, my daughters will never get to have their father walk them down the aisle when they get married or see them when they graduate college. So as far as feeling sorry for him or saying prayers for him? PLEASE! I hope none of you have to go through this and if you have well that’s great for you if you’re able to forgive the murderer of someone you love. I’m not ever going to forgive that scum bag. He’s a POS pathetic coward!!!!!