Yuma child taken to hospital on Halloween after eating THC-laced candy

On Halloween at approximately 8:51 p.m., the Yuma Police Department received a call about a three year old that was taken to Yuma Regional Medical Center by his parents after consuming candy from Halloween.

According to Yuma Polic, it was reported that the child became lethargic and displayed dilated pupils and abnormal behavior after eating some candy. Officers responded and checked all the remaining Halloween candy that was collected. An unwrapped red gummy type candy was located in one of the buckets. This piece of candy resembles a red fish type of chewable gummy that is known to be laced with Tetrahydrocannabinol, otherwise known as THC.

The piece of candy was taken for testing.

The parents stated they attended the Trick or Treat on Historic Main Street and the Scary and Safe Trick or Treat at the Yuma Fairgrounds.

About Arizona Daily Independent News Service 1953 Articles
Under the leadership of ADI Editor In Chief Huey Freeman, our team of staff reporters work tirelessly to bring the latest, most accurate news to our readers.